By Lauren Jarvis-Gibson
1. This too shall pass.
2. It’s a bad day, not a bad life.
3. Anxiety isn’t your fault.
4. Panic attacks don’t last forever.
5. Get help if it gets to be too much.
6. Anxiety is a mental illness, it’s not just stress.
7. It’s okay if you need to spend some time alone.
8. Never apologize for your anxiety, as long as you don’t isolate yourself.
9. Meditating ten minutes every day with do wonders for your mental health.
10. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Your anxiety can get worse if you don’t get enough shut eye.
11. Limit your alcohol intake.
12. Your second brain is your stomach, so treat it kindly.
13. Don’t ever be ashamed of seeing a therapist.
14. Mental illness progress isn’t always linear.
15. Sometimes medicine is necessary. Don’t feel embarrassed by having to take it.
16. Cut out toxic relationships in your life in order to surround yourself with people that want the best for you.
17. Don’t lean on one single person to alleviate your anxiety.
18. You can’t do this alone, and that has nothing to do with how strong you are.
19. Anxiety doesn’t equal weak.
20. Most things that you worry about won’t actually happen.
21. Even if you fail, or make a mistake, or get rejected, life does go on.
22. You’re allowed to not be okay.
23. Breathe. Breathe again.
24. Don’t give up on yourself.
25. If you can’t sleep from too much overthinking, try journaling everything you are worried about. Sometimes, seeing it right in front of you calms your mind.
26. Never take for granted your good days.
27. Go for a walk when you feel like your anxiety is overpowering you. Walk the anxiety out.
28. You are not less of a person just because you have a mental illness.
29. You’re a human being. You’re allowed to break.
30. When you hit rock bottom, you only have one way to go, and that’s up.
31. Put your health first. Be selfish in what you need to do in order to feel good about yourself.
32. Focus on self-love instead of love with someone else.
33. Every once in a while, you should treat yourself. You deserve that.
34. You are not what your anxiety tells you that you are.
35. Thoughts are just thoughts. That’s all.
36. Anxiety CAN be soothed as long as you take initiative in your mental health. Get help. Talk to someone. You owe it to yourself.
37. Cut the friends and the people out of your life that bring more negative thoughts to your mind.
38. Music does wonders for your brain so make you’re listening to soothing and calming music when your anxiety is peaking.
39. Don’t EVER apologize for taking a mental health day.
40. You deserve love. You deserve a beautiful life. Don’t listen to your anxiety when it tells you, you don’t.
41. You are so much strong than you think you are.
42. Don’t let anxiety define you.